HOMEMADE DILL PICKLES
- 3 1/2 cups filtered water
- 1 1/4 cups white vinegar
- 1 T organic cane sugar
- 1 T kosher salt
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and kept whole
- 2 dried Mexican chile peppers sub 1 T red pepper flakes
- 2 T whole yellow mustard seeds
- 4 cups Persian cucumber spears
Stir water, vinegar, sugar, and salt together in a saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil; remove from heat and cool completely.
Combine cucumber spears, garlic cloves, dried peppers / crush red pepper flakes, yellow mustard seeds, and fresh dill in a large glass or plastic container.
Pour cooled vinegar mixture over cucumber mixture. Seal container with lid and refrigerate for at least 3 days.
Follow and share: